IIM Bodh Gaya Celebrates International Yoga Day 2023 with a Live Yoga Practice Session.
IIM Bodh Gaya, one of the premier management institutes in India, celebrated the International Day for Yoga on 21st June 2023 with a gathering of MBA students, faculty members, and administrative staff in its campus. The event aimed to incorporate a healthy lifestyle among students and educate them about the numerous benefits of yoga.
This year’s theme for International Yoga Day, “Yoga for Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam,” beautifully encapsulated our collective aspiration for “One Earth, One Family, and One Future.” IIM Bodh Gaya, with one of its core values as mindfulness, recognizes that yoga holds the power to pacify the mind, soul, and body of an individual. With this realization, the Institute arranged a live yoga practice session to encourage students and staff to adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Highlights of the Event
- The event commenced with a soulful prayer followed by a warm welcome note from Dr. Vinita S. Sahay, the esteemed Director of IIM Bodh Gaya. Addressing the gathering, the Director emphasized the significance of yoga in our lives and urged everyone to embrace it with open hearts. She also highlighted that yoga is India’s remarkable gift to the world and entrusted her students, the future of tomorrow, with the responsibility of preserving diverse cultures.
- Following the welcome address, Dr Amit Kumar Sharma, a professional yoga trainer, led a rejuvenating yoga practice session, accompanied by members of faculty at IIM Bodh Gaya. The students actively participated, showcasing their acquired skills from the practice sessions held in the preceding days.
- The event concluded on a high note with the closing prayer, instilling a sense of calmness and gratitude among all participants.
- Notably, the involvement of home security, hospitality, and administrative staff in the event’s competitions was a commendable initiative, fostering inclusivity and unity among all members of the IIM Bodh Gaya community.
Benefits of Yoga for Students
Yoga is not just a physical exercise but a holistic approach to health, wellness, and mindfulness. Some of the benefits of yoga for students are:
- Yoga improves concentration and memory by enhancing blood circulation to the brain and reducing stress levels.
- Yoga boosts immunity and prevents diseases by strengthening the respiratory system and balancing the hormonal system.
- Yoga enhances creativity and problem-solving skills by stimulating the right hemisphere of the brain and fostering a positive mindset.
- Yoga fosters self-confidence and self-esteem by improving posture and body awareness and promoting self-acceptance.
- Yoga cultivates discipline and time management by instilling a sense of routine and responsibility.
IIM Bodh Gaya’s celebration of International Yoga Day proved to be a resounding success, promoting a holistic approach to health, wellness, and mindfulness among the student community. The event reinforced the institute’s commitment to nurturing well-rounded individuals who will contribute positively to society.