ONE of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing contestants has revealed he’s lost a massive two stone.
Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy has revealed how he went on a health kick earlier this year.

One of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing contestants has revealed he’s lost a massive two stone[/caption]

Channel 4 News presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy has revealed how he went on a health kick earlier this year[/caption]

With not long left to go, Krishnan shared an update on how preparation for the ballroom show is going[/caption]
The respected journalist, 53, praised his Strictly training for keeping the weight off.
Speaking ahead of the first show, Krishnan said: “I have lost a lot of weight earlier this year.
“I went on this massive health kick in April/May and I lost about eleven kilos and so I am sure that under normal circumstances I would have put most of it back on.
“But, I have tried very hard to keep that weight off, so that is probably the extent of my training which was quite hard when you have been on holiday.”
Strictly Come Dancing kicks off this Saturday on BBC One for its launch show.
With not long left to go, Krishnan shared an update on how preparation for the ballroom show is going.
He joked: “To say preparing would be a massive overstatement of the truth. I have done ten days of Pilates.”
The Sun recently revealed how Strictly bosses will have a defibrillator on standby for the journalist.
Krishnan has a genetic heart condition called hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which has killed two of his cousins – and it might impede his progress on the show.
He said: “The basic advice is, I’ve got to keep my heart out of the red zone, which is the last 15 per cent of your heart rate. So, I’ve got to keep my heart rate below about 140, and I don’t know whether you can do that or not, in a 90-second very fast dance.
“My cardiologist basically said, ‘I can’t give you a hundred per cent guarantee that you won’t drop dead, but you’ll be fine.’
“The Charleston will be a challenge, but we’ll see.”

We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The Sun Showbiz team?
Email digishowbiz@the-sun.co.uk or call us direct on 0207 782 4220 .
We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.
September 14, 2023 at 11:52PM
from The Sun
