According to Abraham Maslow’s theory (The Hierarchy of Needs), humans have five basic needs to self-actualize. Firstly, there are physiological needs. Second, safety needs and love and belonging needs must be fulfilled. After safety needs and love is given to the person, the person requires Esteem to achieve self-actualization.
However, we all now live in an online and connected world. Teenagers turn to TikTok, Netflix, and Youtube for entertainment in our online world. With the coming of the Great Resignation, more and more people have decided to take control of their personal and career lives by pursuing a fully remote and hybrid work setup.
More than ever, the quality of your Internet access can affect your quality of life.
You will use some devices to improve your connection or go for a better quality internet provider. The Wifi Repeater and Wifi Booster are two useful devices to improve your access to the Internet.
What is a Wifi Repeater?
A Wifi Repeater, also known as Wifi Extender, is a device that extends the coverage area of your Wifi network. First, it receives the signal from your Wifi. Then it amplifies the signal and transmits the boosted signal. The Wifi repeater grabs high input power and gives low input power. In addition, regenerating the Wifi signal with a Wifi repeater reduces the noise of the Wifi signal.
Due to its nature as a wired connection, a Wifi repeater delivers you optimal performance, faster Internet speed, and reliability.
What is a Wifi Booster?
A Wifi booster is defined as any device with the power and capability to extend your wireless coverage. Moreover, the Wifi booster covers these two: wireless repeaters (wireless range extenders) and wireless network extenders.
What are similar things between a Wifi Repeater and a Wifi Booster?
These are the similar things between a Wifi repeater and a Wifi booster:
- Usage. The Wifi repeater and Wifi booster are used to improve the quality of the Internet connection and extension, expanding the Internet’s reach in the area.
- Terminology. Due to their usage, the terms “Wifi booster” and “Wifi repeater” are considered generic terms in the technology industry.
What are the different things between a Wifi Repeater and a Wifi Booster?
The differences between a Wifi repeater and Wifi booster are the following:
- The Wifi repeater creates a second network in the area to help extend the coverage of the Wifi connection.
- The Wifi repeater works on the surface of the physical layer of an OSI model.
- The Wifi booster is known to be less costly than a Wifi repeater.
- The Wifi booster is utilized for large organizations and residential buildings to improve the range of the internet connection.
Why is my Wifi Connection slow or not showing up?
Some reasons why your Wifi connection is not showing up on your device may include the following:
- The router may have been turned on incorrectly. If you did not correctly unplug and then replug your router, it could lead to your Wifi connection not working properly.
- Virus. A virus can cause your device not to process the presence of a working internet connection.
- Disabled network adaptor. The Wifi router is not always the cause of a lack of connection. Sometimes, the culprit for it may be your device. Your adaptor can be disabled or not updated.
Due to the terminologies and overlapping terms in networking, it can be confusing to differentiate between a Wifi repeater and Wifi booster. With this blog setting into clear their similarities and differences, it will be easier for you to determine which kind of device can give you exactly what you need.
Author’s Bio: Rosette has a knack for anything DIY, but not only that, she also knows a lot about manly chores and tech stuff as she spent her younger years immersed in books about tools and technology. She makes it a point to write about the things she’s most passionate about during her free days.