MANCHESTER CITY bring a 100% record into Saturday’s clash with Nottingham Forest and it’s hard to see Steve Cooper’s side denting that record.
Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest odds
Here are the latest match odds for Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest odds from our top-rated football bookies:
Quick betting tips for Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest
- Man City to win and both teams to score – 21/10 at Spreadex
- Rodri over 2.5 shots – 13/8 at bet365
- Ryan Yates to be carded – 13/1 at William Hill
Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest betting preview
New season, same old City.
That’s been the case so far in 2023/24 with the reigning Premier League champions perfect through their first five games and already with a gap between themselves and the rest at the top of the table.
Still, with the chasing pack not far behind and the games now coming thick and fast given the recent return of the Champions League, they’ll know they cannot afford a slip-up against a team who lost 6-0 here just over 12 months ago.
Forest’s away record has been poor since their return to the top flight – just two wins in 22 games – but they did beat Chelsea on their last road trip, that 1-0 success meaning they’ve now scored at Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and the Emirates Stadium this season.
They’ve certainly been competitive in those tricky away fixtures and while a trip to the Etihad is the toughest challenge out there right now, they may have enough about them to find the target here.
City tended to simply outscore the opposition here last season rather than keep them out (see below) and Forest have certainly not retreated into their shell away from home so far.
In Taiwo Awoniyi, they have a striker who’s scored nine goals in his last nine Premier League games and so if they can get him the ball, there will be a threat offered.
That’s easier said than done against a side as good as City but the both-teams-to-score angle is certainly one considering here at the prices.
Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest key stats
- Forest’s last top-flight win at Manchester City came in 1989 during Brian Clough’s reign.
- This fixture last season saw Erling Haaland score a hat-trick in a 6-0 win for the hosts. Haaland already leads the 23/24 scoring charts with seven.
- Forest had the worst away record in the Premier League last season, picking up just eight points on the road and winning only once. They have already won at Chelsea this season though.
- City won 17 of their 19 home games last season but 10 of them saw the visitors score.
- Only West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta has committed more fouls than Man City’s Rodri and Forest’s Ryan Yates so far this season.
Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest best bets
Man City to win and both teams to score
City’s last four wins have come via this method and last season they showed a propensity for winning this way – 10 of 17 home victories landed this bet.
Forest struggled away last term but we’ve seen a more attacking approach from them so far this time around – they scored twice at Old Trafford where they were a little unfortunate to lose, while victory at Chelsea in their last away game will give them confidence.
This looks a value way of getting with a team who are 1/7 to win via any method.
Rodri over 2.5 shots
The Spaniard is once again sparkling in City’s midfield where he does a bit of everything.
In games where they are expected to dominate the ball, such as this, he’s given plenty of licence to get forward, as his shots numbers so far this season show: 5-5-0-5-0-3-4.
Also a big set-piece threat, Rodri has landed the 3+ shots bet five times out of seven so 13/8 looks a good price.
Ryan Yates to be carded
Only one player – West Ham’s Lucas Paqueta – has committed more fouls so far this season than Yates, and this despite him not starting every game.
That’s the danger here – you may want to wait for the team news before placing your bet – but if he does start, Yates looks a strong card bet.
He was carded five times in 21 starts last season and already has one in three this. He’ll have plenty of work to do here in a bid to stop City too.
How to watch Manchester City vs Nottingham Forest
- Location: Etihad Stadium, Manchester
- Time: 15:00 BST on Saturday, September 23
- Where to watch: Not televised in the UK
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry, or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Most read in Betting
WHAT A BONUS!
Check out all the best no deposit bonus sites and exactly how they work
TOP OF THE SLOTS
Best payout slots for UK revealed – and where you can play them
September 23, 2023 at 12:30PM
from The Sun