IRELAND are hoping to complete a clean sweep this year by winning the Rugby World Cup – and they will begin their tournament with Romania today.
Ireland won the 2023 Six Nations[/caption]
And this cemented Ireland’s rankings at the top of the pile following last year’s historic series success in New Zealand.
However, the Irish were on the wrong end of 46-14 thrashing when they last took part in a Rugby World Cup tournament courtesy of serial winners New Zealand.
But they’ll be expected to get off to the perfect start against Spain’s exile.who only qualified for the competition due to
When is Ireland vs Romania?
- Ireland’s Rugby World Cup opener against Romania will take place on Saturday, September 9.
- It is scheduled to get underway at 2:30pm BST.
- Matmut Atlantique, Bordeaux is the allocated arena for this intriguing match and it can host approximately 42,115 fans.
- Romania have NEVER beaten Ireland in a rugby contest in ten attempts with the Irish winning nine of them.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- Ireland vs Romania will be broadcast LIVE on ITV 1 in the UK.
- Fans can also stream the entire action live via the ITV X app on any tablet or mobile device.
- Alternatively, SunSport will have minute-by-minute action of this Rugby World Cup opener through our live blog.
Can I watch it for FREE?
Fans can watch Ireland vs Romania for FREE as long as you hold a valid TV license in the UK.
Ireland boss Andy Farrell will have to go through the tournament without prop Cian Healy who sustained a leg injury during a scrappy warm-up win against Samoa.
Cian Healy is out of the tournament with a leg injury[/caption]
Ireland XV: Keenan, Earls, Ringrose, Aki, Lowe, Sexton, Gibson-Park, Porter, Herring, Furlong, McCarthy, Ryan, Beirne, O’Mahony, Doris
Replacements: Kelleher, Loughman, O’Toole, Henderson, Van der Flier, Murray, Crowley, Henshaw
Romania XV: Simionescu, Onutu, Tangimana, Tomane, Manumua, Vaovasa, Rupanu, Harting, Cojocaru, Gordas, Motoc, Iancu, Rosu, Neculau, Chirica
Replacements: Bardasu, Savin, Gajion, Iftimiciuc, Ser, Conache, Boldor, Gontineac
- Ireland to win 1/1000
- Tie 125/1
- Romania to win 80/1
*Odds courtesy of Ladbrokes are correct at time of publication
September 09, 2023 at 12:47PM
from The Sun