Ghulam Nabi Azad quits Indian National Congress after a long-term silent tussle with Gandhi family, Azad slammed Congress leadership for the move and weakening of the party. Azad was among Congress elites who further served as 10th Chief Minister of J&K.
Azad has now joined the group of Hardik Patel, Jyotiraaditya Scindia, Kapil Sibal, Jitin Prasad, Sunil Jhakhar, RP Singh, Shatraghan Sinha, Kirti Azad, Hemanta Biswa Sarma, and Captain Amrinder Singh who quit the party amid severe tussle with party high command. Azad was a member of Congress rebel group named as G-23 and has quit the party after Sibal, Jaiveer Shergil and Hardik Patel. Apart from them, Manish Tewary, Harish Rawat and Sachin Pilot are also having tussle with the Gandhi Family regarding their existence and respect.
5 Big reasons or statements by Azad responsible for his exit:
- Unfortunately, after the entry of Rahul Gandhi into politics and particularly after January 2013, when he was appointed Vice President by you (Sonia Gandhi), the entire consultative mechanism which existed earlier was demolished by him.
- One of the most glaring examples of his (Rahul Gandhi) immaturity was the tearing up of the government ordnance in the full glare of the media.
- This childish behavior completely subverted the authority of the Prime Minister and the government of India. This one single action more than anything else contributed significantly to the defeat of the UPA government in 2014 that was at the receiving end of a campaign of calumny and insinuation from a combination of forces of the right wing and certain unscrupulous corporate interests.
- Under your stewardship since 2014 and subsequently that of Rahul Gandhi, the Congress has lost two Lok Sabha elections in a humiliating manner. It has lost 39 out of the 49 assembly elections held between 2014 – 2022. The party only won four state elections and was able to get into a coalition situation in six instances. Unfortunately, today, the Congress is ruling in only two states and is a very marginal coalition partner in two other states.
- After Rahul Gandhi stepped down in a ‘huff’ and not before insulting all the senior party functionaries who have given their lives to the party in a meeting of the extended working committee, you took over as interim president. A position that you have continued to hold even today for the past three years. Worse still the ‘remote control model’ that demolished the institutional integrity of the UPA government now got applied to the Indian National Congress. While you are just a nominal figurehead all the important decisions were being taken by Shri Rahul Gandhi or rather worse his security guards and PAs (personal assistants).