The parties “have agreed to part ways,” the network says
Fox News announced on Monday that the network and its prime-time anchor Tucker Carlson have mutually agreed to end their association after more than a decade.
“FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor,” the US broadcaster said, adding that Carlson aired his final show last Friday.
Fox expressed gratitude to Carlson “for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.”
The network provided no reason for the sudden departure of Carlson.
The announcement comes a week after Fox News agreed to pay $787.5mn to Dominion Voting Systems to settle a defamation lawsuit. The litigation claimed that the network had promoted baseless allegations made by Donald Trump regarding the 2020 election, specifically that the company’s voting machines had been rigged.
Carlson is widely seen as one of the top proponents of Trump’s claims. Despite his reputation, the Dominion lawsuit revealed a private text from Carlson declaring: “I hate him [Trump] passionately.”
Carlson also dubbed the former president’s allegations of voter fraud “insane.”
DETAILS TO FOLLOW
April 24, 2023 at 09:23PM