Narendra Modi is the current Prime Minister of India, and he has served in this role since 2014. His role in transforming India and global political scenario has been greatly influential throughout his tenure as Prime Minister of India.
Needless to Narendra Modi has emerged as an influential global leader through a combination of his domestic and international policies, as well as his personal style and charisma.
India in 2023 can be seen more confident and participative on global stage as compared last few decades. The leadership of PM Narendra Modi and his minister like current foreign minister S. Jaishankar have greatly contributed in putting India’s prospective on global stage more assertively.
Some of the factors that have contributed to his emergence as a global leader include:
- His focus on economic development and reform: Modi has implemented a number of business-friendly reforms that have helped to accelerate economic growth in India and improve the country’s standing on the international stage.
- His diplomatic efforts: Modi has worked to strengthen India’s relationships with other countries, including through high-profile visits and initiatives such as the “Neighborhood First” policy.
- His use of social media: Modi has been very active on social media platforms such as Twitter, and has used these platforms to communicate with people around the world and promote his policies and initiatives.
- His personal style: Modi is known for his energetic and charismatic personality, and has been able to connect with people both within India and internationally.
- His leadership on global issues: Modi has taken a strong stance on issues such as climate change and terrorism, and has worked to promote India’s interests and values on the international stage.
Modi’s Personal chemistry with global leaders.
Narendra Modi has had a number of high-profile interactions with global leaders since becoming Prime Minister of India in 2014. During his visits he is often seen interacting firmly which has helped him develop deep personal chemistry with global leaders. Some of the key leaders with whom he has developed relationships include:
- Benjamin Netanyahu: Narendra Modi has taken India-Israel relations on next level under his regime, and personal relations with Benjamin Netanyahu has been immensely deep.
- US President Donald Trump: Modi has had a number of meetings with President Trump, and the two leaders have generally had a warm relationship. In 2017, Trump visited India and the two leaders held a joint rally in front of a large crowd.
- Chinese President Xi Jinping: Modi has had a number of meetings with President Xi, and the two countries have sought to improve their relationship in recent years.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin: Modi has met with President Putin on a number of occasions, and the two countries have a strong historical which further got new heights in recent years. India and Russia have a long history of cooperation, including in the defense and energy sectors.
- German Chancellor Angela Merkel: Modi has met with Chancellor Merkel on several occasions, and the two countries have a strong economic relationship.
- Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe: Modi has developed a close relationship with Prime Minister Abe, and the two countries have a strong partnership, particularly in the areas of defense and economic cooperation. Shinzo Abe had been seen praizing Narendra Modi in his speeches for his vision and role in further improving India-Japan relations in various sectors.
How India has Developed under Modi rule?
India has made significant economic and social progress under the leadership of Narendra Modi. Some of the key ways in which the country has developed include:
- Implementing a number of economic and business-related reforms, which have helped to accelerate economic growth and improve the business climate in India.
- Launching a number of initiatives to improve the delivery of public services, such as the Jan Dhan Yojana, which has helped to bring millions of people into the formal banking system, and the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which aims to improve sanitation and cleanliness in India.
- Strengthening India’s foreign relations, including building strong partnerships with other countries and improving India’s standing on the international stage.
- Launching a number of initiatives to promote social and economic development, including programs to improve education, healthcare, and infrastructure.
- Working to improve the lives of marginalized and disadvantaged groups, such as women, children, and low-income communities.
- Taking a number of steps to address environmental issues and promote sustainable development.
- Economic growth: India’s economy has grown at a strong pace since Modi took office, with GDP growth averaging around 7% per year.
- Job creation: The government has implemented a number of initiatives to promote job creation, including the Make in India and Startup India programs.
- Infrastructure development: The government has invested heavily in infrastructure development, including building roads, airports, and ports, and improving access to electricity and clean water.
- Education and healthcare: The government has launched a number of initiatives to improve education and healthcare in India, including the Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, which aims to improve sanitation and cleanliness, and the Ayushman Bharat scheme, which provides health insurance to poor and vulnerable families.
- Social and economic development: The government has taken a number of steps to promote social and economic development, including programs to improve the lives of marginalized and disadvantaged groups, such as women, children, and low-income communities.
- Environmental protection: The government has taken a number of steps to address environmental issues and promote sustainable development, including the launch of the International Solar Alliance, which aims to promote the use of solar energy.
How India has grown its influence on global stage under Modi?
India has grown its influence on the global stage under the leadership of Narendra Modi through a combination of economic growth, diplomatic efforts, and a strong stance on global issues. Some specific ways in which India has increased its influence include:
- Economic growth: India’s strong economic growth has helped to increase its global influence, as it has become a major player in the global economy.
- Diplomatic efforts: Modi has worked to strengthen India’s relationships with other countries, including through high-profile visits and initiatives such as the “Neighborhood First” policy.
- Leadership on global issues: Modi has taken a strong stance on issues such as climate change and terrorism, and has worked to promote India’s interests and values on the international stage.
- Membership in international organizations: India has increased its participation in international organizations and forums, including the United Nations and the World Trade Organization, and has taken on leadership roles in some of these organizations.
- Cultural influence: India’s cultural influence has also grown under Modi, as the country has become increasingly popular as a tourist destination and as Indian films, music, and other cultural products have gained international popularity.
Certainly this article is much less to elaborate his contributions towards India’s Development and enhancing its global presence.