Prince Charles and Camilla have arrived at Balmoral Castle, Clarence House told. Queen Elizabeth‘s doctors concerned for her health.
“Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have travelled to Balmoral,” Clarence House said in a Thursday statement.
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales, is the eldest son of Queen Elizabeth. He is the heir apparent to the throne of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
The Queen has continued to conduct a wide range of engagements well into her nineties.
But she has been forced to reduce her diary significantly this year, while suffering from mobility issues.
The monarch has, over recent years, suffered a handful of episodes related to her health.
- December 2003: The Queen had an operation to remove a torn cartilage in her left knee. It followed a similar surgery on her right knee, earlier the same year.
- March 2013: The monarch was hospitalized to be treated for gastroenteritis, a common stomach bug.
- May 2021: She missed the Remembrance Sunday service in central London after spraining her back.
- October 2021: The Queen spent a night at a hospital while undergoing “preliminary investigations,” the Palace said at the time.
- February 2022: The Queen contracted Covid-19 and suffered mild cold-like symptoms, but continued with light duties.
Since her Covid-19 diagnosis, the Queen has been forced to more regularly cancel or slim down some events.
She did not attend all of the celebrations for June’s Platinum Jubilee — marking her 70 years on the throne — and missed the state opening of Parliament the previous month due to mobility problems.
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, will remain in Windsor with her children, Kensington Palace says
Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge, has remained in Windsor as her children Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis are on their first full day at their new school, Kensington Palace said in a statement.
Her husband, Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge, is traveling to the Balmoral Castle in Scotland to be with the Queen, Kensington Palace said earlier on Thursday.
Prince Harry is also traveling to Balmoral Castle in Scotland after being notified about the concerns around his grandmother’s health, a spokesperson for the Prince told CNN.
He is en route to Balmoral along with Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.